Continue working on pants fitting
Make 1 top for spring
Work on Riley's quilt and MIL's quilt
Pants - no real progress
Cardigan - FINISHED
Charity baby quilts - FINISHED
Riley's quilt & MIL's - some progress
Monday, February 29, 2016
I wanted to make a drapey cardigan. I had seen this method on another sewer's blog and decided to give it a try. I used a basic knit top pattern and made these changes:
The original design has a lapel that folds back - which means the wrong side shows. But my fabric isn't the same on both sides and didn't look good, so I trimmed it enough that it wouldn't show. I had planned to add a band of contrasting fabric, but couldn't find anything I liked, so just serged and hemmed all the edges.
The fabric is a gray knit with a silver stripe running through it that I got at Joann Fabrics. It's medium weight and very soft and drapey with a nice hand.
And cute puppy picture
Tuesday, February 16, 2016
The fabric is a crushed panne' velvet from Joann Fabrics. The color is called "princess blue" and is such a pretty color. Even though it's 100% polyester, it looks nice and feels great to wear. And it comes out of the washer and dryer looking great. For the neckband, I used a black thin stretchy knit.
The pattern is McCalls 7247. I lengthened the front by 3 inches
I'm not in love with this top. The fit is not quite right, so I'm constantly rearranging the overlap. I didn't feel like the overlap was secure and would stay in place, so I wore a black silkie camisole underneath.
Now some cute puppy pictures:
LITTLE MISS PAISLEY