Wednesday, August 31, 2016
I also want to make the jacket later in the fall.
I made a size large, which is bigger than I need. But the fabric is thin and very stretchy, and I didn't want it to cling too much. I'm happy with the fit.
Fit alterations I made: added 1 inch to the front bodice length and removed 1 inch from back bodice length, and removed 1 inch from shoulder width. These are standard alterations for me.
I bought the fabric from Fabric.com in 2007 and paid $5.00 yard. It's one of those fabrics that I liked so much that I was hesitant to cut it. I'm glad to finally use and love the dress.
I really like it with a black cardigan.
And the back
I also used the pattern to make a black knit dress. I made it calf length, added short sleeves and lowered the neckline by 1-1/2 inches.